Last Stage of 'Mathematics Competition 2022' was held in Erbil
Erbil, KRI (July 7, 2022) – Rwanga Foundation held the ceremony of the semi-final and final stages of the Mathematics Competition in a live competition where 6 students were competing to win the title of the ‘Mathematics Champion’.
The competition was held in coordination with ministry of education in KRI and consisted of four stages. Only 6 students reached the pre-final stage and competed in the live competition to win the title of the ‘Mathematics Champion’ on the level of the Kurdistan Region. The students were:
- Muhammed Ismail Ali – Sulaimani Governorate - Kewarash Mixed High School
- Kurdo Jalal Sabir – Sulaimani Governorate – Znar English High School
- Idan Joqi Khalaf – Duhok Governorate - Amad High School for Boys
- Kewan Issa Ismail – Erbil Governorate – Qalla College for Gifted Students
- Bolivar Ibrahim Aziz – Sulaimani Governorate – Penjween Mixed High School
- Hano Hassan Babrasul – Sulaimani Governorate – Azmar College for Giftied Students
In 2022, the competition started on February 22, 2022, on the level of the ministry of education in the Kurdistan region with the participation of six general directorates, 430 students participated representing 430 schools and 36 Directorates of Education from all over the Kurdistan Region. In the first stage of the competition, only 65 students were advanced to the second stage.
In the second stage, and according to the rules of the competition, only 6 students were advanced to the semi-final and final stages
The semi-final and the final stages were conducted in a live competition between the six best students to attain the first, second and third place winners.
The winners for the Mathematics Competition 2022 are:
- First Place Winner: Kewan Issa Ismail – Erbil Governorate – Qalla College for Gifted Students
- Second Place Winner: Muhammed Ismail Ali – Sulaimani Governorate - Kewarash Mixed High School
- Third Place Winner: Hano Hassan Babarasul – Sulaimani Governorate – Azmar College for Giftied Students
The winners were awarded as below:
1st place winner: Kewan Issa Ismail 2,000$
Qalla College for Gifted Students: 2,000$
2nd place winner: Muhammed Ismail Ali 1,500$
Kewarash Mixed High School 1,500$
3rd place winner: Hano Hassan Babarasul 1,250$
Azmar College for Giftied Students 1,250$
Mathematics Competition 2022 Evaluation Committee were:
Dr. Dilan Faraydoon Ahmad - University Lecturer
Dr. Adnan Ali Jalal – University Lecturer
Mr. Jahfar Ali Ahmad – School Teacher
Mr. Talaat Abdulwahid Mohammed – School Teacher
Mr. Shahin Mohamadamin Ali – School Teacher
Mathematics Competition is one of the annual projects of Rwanga Foundation that aims to encourage and motivate students to attend the science stream. The project creates a competition among 10th-grade students all over the Kurdistan Region to compete and win the title of ‘Mathematics Champion’ in Kurdistan. Mathematics Competition is implemented annually by Rwanga Foundation in coordination with the Ministry of Education in the Kurdistan Region. The project started in 2019 and was conducted only on the level of the general directorates of education in Erbil later on, the competition expanded to be conducted on the level of the ministry of education in the Kurdistan region.
Mathematics Competition 2022 is implemented by Rwanga Foundation in coordination with the Ministry of Education and sponsored by Darin Group as Diamond sponsor, , Erbil Int Hotel as Gold sponsors.